Open application period: August 15-December 1, 2022
The Coast Guard Foundation is offering a round of grants for Coast Guard spouses to assist with their education, professional training, and certification efforts.
Eligible Coast Guard spouses may apply for a grant to support their college and professional training goals during the 2022 fall application period. Our program awards $500 grants to cover tuition, fees, supplies, and related education expenses incurred during the 2022 calendar year.
What to know when applying:
- Grants benefit non-military spouses of enlisted Coast Guard members in paygrades E3-E6.
- Education and training programs must be at a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Priority will be given to spouses pursuing first degrees: associates, bachelors, licenses, and certifications.
- Coast Guard spouses who already received a spring 2022 grant are not eligible to apply this round.
- Grants are awarded in the order they are received, provided all eligibility requirements have been met.
- If you have any questions about the Coast Guard Foundation’s spouse grant program, please call 860-535-0786. Our program manager, Sage Williams, is available by phone or email to assist you.
About the Coast Guard Foundation Spouse Grant Program:
For Coast Guard spouses, achieving higher education or professional licensing and certification boosts a family’s financial stability and gives them personal fulfillment. The Coast Guard Foundation offers grants to spouses so that they have everything they need to provide for their family and strengthen their well-being.
In the cover photo, Amber Conoly celebrates her graduation from the University of Alaska. She is now an elementary school teacher in Juneau.