The Coast Guard Foundation hosted its annual tribute to the Coast Guard in Hawaii this summer, but with a fun twist that brought together Hawaii’s best chefs and Coast Guard culinary specialists to prepare local and international cuisine for the 340 assembled guests.
Hosted at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, the August 22 event featured remarks from Rear Admiral Kevin Lunday, Commander of the Coast Guard’s 14th District and Admiral Karl Schultz, Commandant of the Coast Guard.
Steven Loui, President and CEO of Pacific Marine & Supply Company served as the dinner committee chair. Together with the dinner committee and generous support from our sponsors, more than $215,000 was raised for Coast Guard Foundation programs in Hawaii and across the country.
“It’s because of your support that we can be there for the Coast Guard when they need us most,” shared Susan Ludwig, president of the Coast Guard Foundation. “All of your work helps prepare Coast Guard members to be better equipped for the critical work of saving lives, securing ports and protecting the environment.”
The Tribute to the United States Coast Guard Fourteenth District celebrated its seventeenth year in 2019 and has recorded more than $3.8 million raised in that time.
Click on the picture below to view a full album of event photos.
• Michelle Karr-Ueoka, MW Restaurant; Andrew Le, The Pig & the Lady; Kevin Lee, PAI Honolulu; Mark Noguchi, Pili Group; Alan Wong, Alan Wong’s Restaurant; and Roy Yamaguchi, Roy’s Hawaii, prepared the evening’s dinner alongside Coast Guard culinary specialists (Coast Guard chefs) during a special grazing format that encouraged socializing and exploring the Bishop Museum’s exhibits.
• Pacific Marine & Supply Company served as the event’s Presenting Sponsor.
• Devon Nekoba, radio show host and actor, served as the master of ceremonies.
• The National Anthem and Hawaii Pono`i was performed by Janelle Holtz.
• Kala`e Camarillo and Robbie Kahakalau performed for guests after the formal program.
• Lieutenant Duane Zitta was acknowledged for his efforts to raise funds for the Coast Guard Foundation’s Fallen Heroes Fund through his participation in ultra-marathons, trail races and triathlon events.
• Dinner chair Steven Loui acknowledged dinner committee volunteers and local Coast Guard Auxiliary members for sharing their talents and creativity to make the event a wonderful tribute to the Coast Guard.