Greater Hawaii Summer Camp Grant Program
Many of Hawaii’s kids are enjoying summer camps. The Coast Guard Foundation, with the support of a generous corporate donor, wants to help Coast Guard families stationed in Hawaii have those same opportunities - participate in summer camps and programs that support sports, fine arts, academic enrichment and outdoor recreation.
This summer's pilot program is restricted to Coast Guard members stationed in Hawaii only.
How to Apply
Coast Guard Foundation Hawaii Summer Camp Grant Program open application period is July 22-August 16.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online at coastguardfoundation.org/summercamphawaii
- Proof of enrollment and payment receipt for camps and program must be submitted at the time of the application. Required documentation includes the cost of the activity, such as a flyer or brochure, or a letter from the organization which clearly states the cost of the program, and the program dates. Proof of payment includes a copy of a receipt or email notification of payment.
- If you have a question about the camp or program your child participated in or the required documentation, please call or email Sage Williams at the Coast Guard Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Program Specifics and Eligibility Requirements
- DEERS certified dependent child of an active duty enlisted or officer personnel stationed in Hawaii in pay grades E-2 to E-8,O1-O3, W2-W3.
- DEERS certified dependent child of a Reservist stationed in Hawaii (pay grades E-2 to E-8, O1-O3, W2-W3) on any type of active duty orders for at least one year in duration.
- Dependent children, aged 3-15 years old, enrolled in a qualified summer program or camp from May-August 2019. Scroll down for a list of eligible, qualified camps and programs.
- Each qualified child is eligible for up to a $500 grant, for a single camp program.
- Each Coast Guard member can receive two $500 grants (Or, up to $1,000 per family).
- Once the application period closes, Coast Guard Foundation will verify eligibility with Coast Guard liaison at the Office of Work-Life.
- Grants are awarded in the order in which they are received, with priority given to enlisted members E2-E6.
- All selection results are final.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee funding of a grant.
- All grant recipients will be notified by the Coast Guard Foundation of their selection of an award. Selected applicants will be contacted directly by email or phone and then sent a formal letter via mail to their home address.
- Periodic changes may influence the funding levels of these grants. As a result, the Coast Guard Foundation does not guarantee the future levels of funding for this program. The Coast Guard Foundation reserves the right to reduce or discontinue any award due to the non-availability of funding, without advance notice.
Qualified, Eligible Camps and Programs
The activity is eligible for a grant if it falls in one of those categories. We cannot award grants for child care or school tuition. If you have a question about the eligibility for your child’s camp, please reach out to us directly and we can discuss.
Youth Sports Camps & Programs
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Horseback Riding
- Ice Hockey
- Ice Skating
- In-Line Hockey
- Martial Arts
- Tennis/Racquet Sports
- Track & Field
Fine Arts Programs
- Music/Musical Instruments
- Performing Arts
Academic Enrichment Programs
- Social Studies/History
- Foreign Language
- Study Skills
- Critical/Creative Thinking
Outdoor Recreation and Camps
- Boys & Girls Club Camps
- Leadership Training Programs
- Boy Scout Camp
- Girl Scout Camp
- YMCA Camp