Fall Break Programs for Hawaii Coast Guard Families
Are you a Hawaii-based Coast Guard family making plans for Fall Break?
Have you signed-up your kids for after-school or weekend programs that feature sports, fine arts, academic enrichment or outdoor recreation?
If your answer is yes, you may be eligible for a Coast Guard Foundation grant to help cover enrollment and registration costs.
The Coast Guard Foundation Fall Break Camp and Enrichment Program is made possible through the generosity of Norwegian Cruise Line.
Program Specifics and Eligibility Requirements
- DEERS certified dependent child of an active duty enlisted or officer personnel stationed in Hawaii in pay grades E-2 to E-8, O1-O3, W2-W3.
- DEERS certified dependent child of a Reservist stationed in Hawaii (pay grades E-2 to E-8, O1-O3, W2-W3) on any type of active duty orders for at least one year in duration.
- Dependent children, aged 3-15 years old, enrolled in a qualified Fall Break camp or fall enrichment program during the eligibility period of September 1-November 30 2019. Scroll down for a list of eligible, qualified camps and programs.
- Each qualified child is eligible for up to a $500 grant, for a single program.
- Each Coast Guard member can receive two $500 grants (or another way of saying up to $1,000 per family) as a priority. If there are remaining funds after the close of the application period, the Coast Guard Foundation may consider awarding families additional grants. So, if you have more than two children enrolled in fall break programs or fall enrichment programs, please apply now and we will consider your applications if funds are available.
How to Apply
The Coast Guard Foundation Hawaii Fall Break Camp and Enrichment Program open application period is September 15-October 31, 2019.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online at coastguardfoundation.org/fallcamp
- Proof of enrollment and payment receipt for camps and program must be submitted at the time of the application. Required documentation includes the cost of the activity, such as a flyer or brochure, or a letter from the organization which clearly states the cost of the program, and the program dates. Proof of payment includes a copy of a receipt or email notification of payment.
- If you have a question about the camp or program your child participated in or the required documentation, please call or email the Coast Guard Foundation.
- Once the application period closes, Coast Guard Foundation will verify eligibility with Coast Guard liaison at the Office of Work-Life.
- Grants are awarded in the order in which they are received, with priority given to enlisted members E2-E6.
- All selection results are final.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee funding of a grant.
- All grant recipients will be notified by the Coast Guard Foundation of their selection of an award. Selected applicants will be contacted directly by email or phone and then sent a formal letter via mail to their home address.
- Periodic changes may influence the funding levels of these grants. As a result, the Coast Guard Foundation does not guarantee the future levels of funding for this program. The Coast Guard Foundation reserves the right to reduce or discontinue any award due to the non-availability of funding, without advance notice.
Qualified, Eligible Camps and Programs
The activity is eligible for a grant if it falls in one of those categories. We cannot award grants for child care or school tuition.
Youth Sports Camps & Programs
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Horseback Riding
- Ice Hockey
- ce Skating
- In-Line Hockey
- Martial Arts
- Tennis/Racquet Sports
- Track & Field
Fine Arts Programs
- Music/Musical Instruments
- Performing Arts
Academic Enrichment Programs
- Social Studies/History
- Foreign Language
- Study Skills
- Critical/Creative Thinking
Outdoor Recreation and Camps
- Boys & Girls Club Camps
- Leadership Training Programs
- Boy Scout Camp
- Girl Scout Camp
- YMCA Camp