Apply July 1: Coast Guard Foundation USAA Enlisted Reserve Scholarship
The Coast Guard Foundation USAA Enlisted Reserve Scholarship program delivers education support to Coast Guard reservists and their families.
With the generous support of USAA, we award eight $1,000 scholarships each year.
What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship?
- Be an enlisted Coast Guard reservist (Selected Reserve or Individual Ready Reserve) or their dependent. Dependents must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) under their Coast Guard Reserve sponsor.
- Be enrolled in, or accepted by, an accredited degree granting college or an accredited technical/vocational training school, and be pursuing a first associate, bachelor, master, or doctoral degree or a technical/vocational certificate.
- Maintain the minimum grade point average required by the college or school.
Ready to apply? The Coast Guard Foundation USAA Enlisted Reserve Scholarship open period is July 1-August 16, 2021. Award announcements will be made in September 2021.
Email a complete application package to email@example.com during the open period beginning July 1 and no later than August 16. Printed applications will not be accepted.
Scholarship application packages must include:
- A signed, one-page cover letter verifying the eligibility of the applicant. If the applicant is a dependent, the sponsor must also sign the letter. The cover letter must include contact phone numbers, mailing address, and email addresses of the applicant and the sponsor. The letter should be addressed to: Commandant (CG-R), Attn: LTJG L. Carsia, U.S. Coast Guard , Stop 7721 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue S.E., Washington, DC 20593-7721
- A one-page essay describing an accomplishment the applicant is proud of and how the Coast Guard Reserve has enabled or inspired that accomplishment.
- An official transcript from the accredited college or technical/vocational training school attended during the 2020-2021 academic year or proof of enrollment (acceptance letter) if no grades have been received at this time.
- Separately, applicants must request official transcripts from their current college or school. Please ask them to be sent to ReserveScholarships@uscg.mil or mail to: Commandant (CG-R), Attn: LTJG L. Carsia, U.S. Coast Guard Stop 7721, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue S.E., Washington, DC 20593-7721. Email delivery is preferred.
Questions? Please direct your questions about this scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address will be monitored only during the open application period. You may also contact Ms. Sage Williams, Program Manager at the Coast Guard Foundation at email@example.com or 860-535-0786.
About our Key Partner: USAA is a diversified financial services group of companies and is among the leading providers of insurance, investing and banking solutions to members of the U.S. military and veterans who have honorably served and their families. Since 2002, USAA has invested in the Coast Guard Foundation’s education program by providing scholarships to Coast Guard Reserve members and their families.
Three of our 2020 Coast Guard Foundation USAA Reserve Scholars: IS2 William Bryan, Sector Detroit, Michigan – Petty Officer Bryan is pursuing a Master of Public Administration at Eastern Michigan University. Miss Jordyn Mathieu, daughter of Master Chief Janine Tschantz-Hahn of District Seven, Miami, Florida– Miss Mathieu is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science in the Pre-Veterinary Program at Louisiana State University. MSTC Tiffany Molinick, Training Center Yorktown, Virginia – Master Chief Molinick is pursuing a Master of Public Health at Old Dominion University.