2021 Summer Youth Enrichment for Coastie Campers
An invitation to California, Hawaii, and Coast Guard District 13 (Washington, Oregon, Montana, and Idaho) Coast Guard families to participate in 2021 summer camp and online enrichment programs
We are excited to launch our 2021 summer camp and enrichment programs, offered exclusively for Coast Guard families in California, Hawaii, and Coast Guard District 13 (Washington, Oregon, Montana, and Idaho). We are able to expand our pilot program to more sites this year through the generous support of The Sahm Family Foundation, the Bradley Family Foundation, and First Hawaiian Bank.
Planning your kids’ summer activities is often a challenge, and this year, it’s important to plan well to keep your kids busy during these summer months. We recognize that many summer camps and enrichment programs may not open this year, or have limited spots available. Or, you may simply have concerns about signing up your kids, even if there is a camp offered in your community.
Our 2021 summer camp grant program will include traditional summer camp, at-home enrichment opportunities, and technology that may help you keep your Coastie Camper engaged and thriving during their school break.
Eligible Coast Guard members may apply for a $500 grant to cover the cost for your child’s summer camp registration, at-home or virtual enrichment program fees, or new software and hardware that will help with your at-home learning experiences. Simply put, this a chance to pay for camp, sign up for a virtual-camp experience, or purchase a Chromebook, iPad, Kindle, or VR glasses, to name a few options.
To maximize this opportunity for as many Coast Guard families we can, we will limit the grant opportunity to one grant per family.
Our Coast Guard Foundation program team is here to assist you with any questions you may have about this summer's offering.
Please reach out to Ms. Sage Williams by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can help guide you through the process.
SOME FINE PRINT
>>Program Specifics and Eligibility Requirements
- The Coast Guard Foundation Summer Youth Enrichment Program open application period is May 1-August 31, 2021, as funds remain.
- DEERS certified dependent child of an active-duty enlisted or officer personnel stationed in California, Hawaii, or any Coast Guard District 13 state (Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho), in pay grades E-2 to E-8, O1-O3, W2-W3.
- DEERS certified dependent child of a Reservist stationed in California, Hawaii, or any Coast Guard District 13 state (Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho), (pay grades E-2 to E-8, O1-O3, W2-W3) on any type of active duty orders for at least one year in duration.
- Dependent children must be aged 5-18 years old.
- Each qualified child is eligible for up to a $500 grant. Each family is eligible for one grant.
>>How to Apply
- Applications must be completed and submitted online coastguardfoundation.org/coastiecamper
- A copy of your DEERS/MilConnect Service member profile page is required with your application to verify eligibility.
- Proof of enrollment and payment receipt for camp and enrichment activities and technology purchases will be requested and must be submitted after your grant is approved. Required documentation includes the cost of the activity, such as a flyer or brochure, or a letter from the organization, which clearly states the program's cost and the program dates. Proof of payment includes a copy of a receipt or email notification of payment.
- If you have a question about the camp or program your child is participating in or the required documentation, please email the Coast Guard Foundation at email@example.com, or call 860-535-0786.
- Grants are awarded in the order in which they are received.
- All selection results are final.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee funding of a grant.
- All grant recipients will be notified by the Coast Guard Foundation of their selection of an award. Selected applicants will be contacted directly by email or phone and then sent a formal letter via mail to their home address.
- Periodic changes may influence the funding levels of these grants. As a result, the Coast Guard Foundation does not guarantee the future funding levels for this program. The Coast Guard Foundation reserves the right to reduce or discontinue any award due to the non-availability of funding, without advance notice.